Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Long Wait

I'm finding that waiting for my first ultrasound is much harder than the 2ww. It's hard to not get ahead of myself and think about a due date, a baby-moon, maternity leave, strollers, etc.

Then there are the fears--should I have insisted on a third beta? Is this cramping a bad sign? Why don't I feel nauseated today?

I try hard to "forget" that I had two good betas. However, the frequent peeing and the cramping remind me.

I'm starting to understand why Tom Cruise had an ultrasound machine at home while Katie was pregnant. I'd be peeking at the little orange seed every day to say hello.

I'm praying we get good news at Monday's ultrasound and that some of my fears will be relieved.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck for Monday hon! I think how you are feeling is completely normal and I will be feeling the same when my turn comes around. Hang in there! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also buy myself an ultrasound machine if I could. If/when I arrive on the other side of this, I'm definitely going to get a doppler. One more weekend to get through, and then you get to see your little bean, safely tucked inside your womb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely feeling that way right now!! I hope this weekend flies by for you!

    ReplyDelete