Friday, September 24, 2010

Two Against One

They said it would happen. I hoped they were wrong and that I'd be immune. The morning sickness has settled in and like an annoying relative sleeping on your couch, she's not showing any signs of leaving anytime soon. She lingers around day and night and is only appeased with saltines and pretzels.

Yes, overall this is a welcome feeling. It reminds me that I am finally pregnant. It's real! It gives me comfort that things are happening in my body--some more pleasant than others.

I try not to complain about it. As Max reminds me when I "report" on my nausea, we worked so hard to get to this place--dry heaving and all.

Last night the ravenous belly struck again. It usually happens as I climb into bed upon returning from the ceremonial middle of the night pee.

Last night I was desperate and couldn't handle the hunger pains so I bumped my way to the kitchen, tore open a new sleeve of saltines (like an addict pushing her way to her drug) and returned to bed.

Max is very tidy. Max DOES NOT support eating in bed....ever. He insisted that I get out of bed and eat in the kitchen or another approved eating location.

I refused and said, "It's two against one now. We want crackers and they are staying."

To which he replied, "It's starting already?"

Yes, Pipa is already taking my side and Pipa loves snacks in bed.

8 comments:

  1. Hahaha - AWESOME! Enjoy your crackers in bed from here on in! Hope the MS doesn't decide to stick around for too long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe !
    I hope that the nausea passes soon. I loved seeing that picture at the top that says "Pregnant", it's making me hopeful.
    Happy ICLW
    #106

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your pregnancy! Good luck fending off the nausea :)

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!

    Happy iclw#41

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your pregnancy! Bummer that you are dealing with horrible nausea...love the saltines story though. :)

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the pregnancy! Hopefully your morning sickness will ease up a bit. GL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Love it! Two against one.
    Congrats on the pregnancy and all that goes along with it.
    -ICLW #9

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like it! Congratulations on your pregnancy!

    ICLW

    ReplyDelete