Thursday, August 19, 2010

All Systems Go...

Transfer is scheduled for Saturday! I dreaded the transfer from the day I heard what it entails.

Strangely enough, just getting the opportunity to have an egg retrieval feels like a success. It's been two weeks of ups and downs--fewer follicles than expected, low levels of estradiol, slow growing follicles, finding an additional two little follicles, having good lining. The possibility of haivng the cycle canceled was devastating after so much waiting, after so many injections.

After 6 ultra-sounds, 13 days of stimulating hormones, 41 injections, 3 blood tests...I'm ready!

9 comments:

  1. Good luck for your retrieval tomorrow. I hope you get a bunch of mature eggs that all fertilise beautifully. Fingers crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by from ICLW and I'm hoping you had Great success today!! ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from ICLW :-) Good luck, I hope it went really well! I will be back to see how you got on!

    ICLW#10

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everything went great yesterday! Happy ICLW!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooOoOo I'm keeping everything crossed for you!!!

    ICLW
    #56 Miss Ruby
    http://www.themissruby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting from ICLW...hope the transfer went well & that you had good embryos to transfer. As a first time IVF'r, if you have any questions, feel free to search for topics at my blog. I have Q & A's from IF patients that might help you out. Good luck! www.womenshealthandfertility.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope everything went very well for you yesterday! Will be following to see what happens... Good luck in the 2ww!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes! I hope you get lots of beautiful eggs that turn into healthy embryos. Love the title of your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with transfer! And hope those eggies are goog ones.

    Happy ICLW
    Jess (#74)

    ReplyDelete