Tuesday, August 24, 2010

If You Build It, They Will Come

My field of dreams is my backyard. Last summer we bought a pretty little house a few minutes away from Stanford University. The perfect first house--a short bike ride commute for Max, a beautiful yard for children to play in, a grove of Redwoods to shade us from the warm California summer, and most importantly potential to expand as our family would. We knew (hoped) we'd outgrow it quickly so we decided to expand our three bedroom house by building a guest house in the backyard. A casita for my parents when they visit from New York, an office for Max to escape to when the kids and I won't let him do his work, or maybe even a house for a future Spanish speaking au pair.

Construction started the same week that my stimulating hormones began. How appropriate! Remember how I love signs? Building a house, building a baby...makes sense to me.

Our house currently has plenty of room for a baby (or two) but maybe this is what we needed for "them" to come. I am praying that "they" do come this cycle--maybe one, maybe two of the little embryos that we implanted this morning.

P.S. I bet Max will be very impressed by my "baseball movie" reference.

5 comments:

  1. Hi - found your blog through ICLW and have been reading through it. I hope you'll have some good news to share in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, and Happy ICLW! I'm all for promising signs, and am also currently in the midst of the Waiting Game. Hoping it turns out wonderfully for both of us!

    - lp (#133)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you'll have the perfect home waiting for your little ones. I hope they arrive as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found you via ICLW. Love finding fellow California people! Thinking good thoughts about your embryos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just made me homesick for a drive up PCH! mmm, redwoods. I think it is a GREAT metaphor, and I hope that your little embies snuggle in tight and that in a week and a half you get fantastic news!!!

    ICLW #77

    ReplyDelete