Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Do I Get A Lollipop If I Behave?

I hear some doctors reward their pint-sized patients with sweets. I don't remember getting lollipops or treats when visiting my doctor as a child--maybe just a toothbrush from the dentist. I certainly don't get now.

These days I get instructional videos on administering injections, sperm collection containers and the occasional consent form to sign. Interestingly enough, I look forward to my RE appointments despite the crappy giveaways. For some odd reason seeing what is going on inside my uterus is comforting and exciting. Maybe it's because it gives me a sense of control in what is a seemingly out of control situation.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm here from IComLeavWe (but a little bit early). I'm also cycling this month. I too enjoy my ultrasound scans - I'm always contorted around so I can see the screen too. Good luck with the eggs - here's hoping eight is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dandle Dreams for you well wishes.
    At the u/s yesterday the doctor found a few more little follies! The count is now 10 but a few are very small. They are all growing but sloooowly. It means more meds but I'm glad it's still a go!
    Where are you in your cycle? Are you doing ivf too?

    ReplyDelete