Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mirror, Mirror On the Wall...

...which is the fairest embryo of them all?

How fitting that as my embryologist was judging my embryos post retrieval, Miss Universe was being crowned this weekend.

There were a few standouts in the beauty category and some of my embryos did better in the talent competition than others. A few divided to eight cells by day three but, most did not.

On Tuesday two of my prettiest and most talented were crowned with the ultimate honor of embryo transfer. I affectionately refer to them as Thing 1 & Thing 2.

Here's hoping that just like Miss Mexico, Thing 1 & Thing 2 fulfill their duties as beauty queens. Miss Mexico will proudly wear her sash as she "helps people" and my embryos will implant nicely in my womb.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on those beautiful embies!!! Good luck--I'm your newest follower!

    iclw #171

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Congrats on having two lovely little embies onboard! Now for the 2WW craziness! GOOD LUCK! xox

    ICLW#10

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you are now pregnant until proven otherwise. Congratulations. I hope that they snuggle down in there for the long haul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping for a speedy 2ww and two little embies that more than fulfill their duties.

    Happy ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha, funny post -- because doctors do really talk about embryos like that! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck Thing 1 & Thing 2!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute! I am so excited for you and Thing 1 & Thing 2! By the way, I just featured your blog!

    ReplyDelete