Thursday, August 12, 2010

Can You Keep a Secret?

Apparently I can and have been for two years.


When I started this infertilty journey I learned that I could keep my mouth shut and come up with very convincing excuses for just about anything.

In general, I don't like secrets. I don't want to know that so and so is proposing next week or that someone is getting a divorce. I rather be in the dark--not because I don't want to share in the joys or be supportive during the sorrows. Sometimes it's too much responsibility to be in the know. Will I accidentally leak something? Will I not act surprised enough when the news is public?

For the first time I have a big secret. I haven't been able to get pregnant in two years of trying. I have a bloated belly covered in injection marks and bruises from the meds. I am not always as happy as I appear. I'm jealous of the girl at work having twins. There, I said it!

Hopefully, I'll have a happy secret to share very soon.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way...We have been very secretive about our struggles too. I hope you can share good news soon!!

    ReplyDelete